Pages

Tap the Plastic Power ..contd !!

In my last post, I described my experience of getting a credit card and not spending even a single penny ;)  My credit card lay in my wallet waiting for the ominous day I would pull it out, and that day did come.. very soon!
 
 I had already had three zero bill cycles. Then, one day I had to urgently book a flight home. The cost was 25,600/- I did not have that in my  account. 
So I chose to use my credit card to get the ticket, but there was another problem. The credit limit on my card was 15,000/-
(This was when I realized that it was important to have your credit limit raised.) I called up the customer care and asked them to revise the limit. Since this was my first transaction on my card, they were reluctant in raising the limit. I kept on insisting. The call was transferred to the manager, then to the Sr. Manager and after half an hour on haggling-waggling, arguing and pleading the limit was raised to 30000/- and I was able to purchase the ticket off the web. I rushed to the airport and caught my flight.

This was my experience of my first transaction with my card.After I was relieved of my worries that brought me home so urgently, I paid off my first bill.
After this I changed the pattern of Credit Card usage.


At that time online marketing in India was flourishing. Internet started offering attractive deals in India. I started using my card for the few online purchases that I made.


 If I had used my card in any given month, which meant I would have to make a payment on a given due date, I would make all the expenditure of that particular month through my credit card. But I was very sure not to miss the due date.With every purchase that I made, some points were credited to me. By the end of the year I had enough points to get a Rs.999/- voucher.  I redeemed the voucher to get a some stuff free 


Soon my credit card, got upgraded to Platinum and with it came a bunch of discounts and offers.


Presently, I use my credit card frequently. This helps me keep my money with me for another 50 days and invest in other areas and get returns. I pay my bill regularly. Sometimes, I get a lfreebies and stuff which I enjoy. But even today, I do not splurge !!

2 comments:

  1. Read both of your posts about the credit card... wondering whether this is a true story? But the tips of handling were great. Looking forward to read more experiences of the Penny Pincher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veena, much of the experiences are true.. these have been experienced by someone somewhere.. Will try to keep up with your expectations.. thanks for following

    ReplyDelete

Add your valuable thoughts below..